Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Being laid off or jobless is that bad?

One question I started asking myself a few years ago is what are the purposes of my life in other words, what motivates me daily when I wake up in the morning?

... and do you know that question kept unanswered during recent years. The reason is having a 9-to-5 job keep me busy, since I focus on working to deliver best possible outcomes to the company. It turns out that having a job to secure monthly pay check does not help me feel good even though it helps me cover my monthly expenses.

Until 2 months ago, I decided to move out of the comfort zone, and to come back to VN, and again the rush of having a pay-check job put me into that loop again until I finally moved out of it again. During last 2 weeks I am jobless, but I am so happy. I believe a lot of people will think it is crazy, but it actually is. After many years continuously working I didn't have time to think about this biggest question of my life, and find my life's goals.

Since being jobless, I don't need to care about company works, and I have more time to do these things:

- Read books. I've read so many books until now, and I started with some small books (less than 150 pages per book). I read 5 of them already.

- Watch dozens of videos about life's advices on YouTube.

- Enroll a course to find meaningful of life.

- Join some communities to get more motivations.

Fortunately, after few weeks I finally see the light at the end of the turnel, I somehow feel that I found the direction in my life. I don't mean goals are crazy but they show me how my life is going to be.

Will I open to work again? Definitely yes, but perhaps not right now :)

.

I believe in worse situations you can still find your ways to get out of it, and to be a better version of yourself. Thus, I would recommend anyone was laidoff or being jobless not to be frustrated, but be optimistic.

Remember you always have a choice, and having a choice is a powerful right.

No comments:

Post a Comment